To humidify a whole house, you need a whole house humidifier system. This type of humidifier has the capacity to add humidity to an entire house instead of the portable humidifiers that are use for single room. Getting the best machine will help deliver optimal humidity into your home atmosphere why lasting you for years.
What you may not know is that whole house humidifier comes in two kinds, the in-ducts which are connected to the normal heating furnace and the console ones. The in-ducted type is mounted in a permanent position but the console whole house models are the portable types of whole house humidifiers with caster wheels for mobility.
While the induct humidifier uses water from your home water reservoir, the console are fill manually. While many have preference for the console whole house machine over the induct type, it is because they can be use to add humidity in more than one room.
Your home coverage area should also be considered in choosing a humidifier for a house. This is very important because running a machine with high coverage capacity may not be good for small space as too much humidity promotes the growth of molds and airborne viruses. Also buying a machine with low humidity capacity won’t deliver the right amount of humidity needed in larger rooms. Other things in buying the right whole house humidifier are discussed here but let’s look at some of the best whole house humidifier below should in case you need one in your home today.
The Whole House Humidifier Comparison Guide
|SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier||Warm and Cool mist.|
BUY NOW ON AMAZON
|1. ION exchange filter.
2. Ultrasonic generator.
3. 400cc/hour humidity output.
4. Designed for rooms up to 500 square feet.
5. Split nozzles: 360 adjustable direction
6. Overheat protection.
7. 4.0L water tank capacity.
8. Quiet operation.
9. Energy efficient.
10. 1-year limited warranty
|Honeywell Cool Moisture Console Humidifier||Cool moisture air only|
BUY NOW ON AMAZON
|1. work up to 24 hours daily per filling
2. Automatic shut off.
3. Adjustable humidity control
4. Adjustable multiple output settings
5. Multi room usage
6. Dual tank with top opening for water filling.
|Rowenta HU5120 Intense Aqua Control Ultrasonic 360 Humidifier with Unique Baby Mode||Both cool and warm mist|
BUY NOW ON AMAZON
|1. Three mode humidity settings (auto, baby mode and night mode)
2. Electronic hygrometer that adjust humidity.
3. 2-year warranty.
|Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier||Cool mist only|
BUY NOW ON AMAZON
|1. Sterilization of water to kills bacteria, mold and spores up to 99.9%
2. Patented Ultraviolet Chamber
3. 2 hours run time when water tank is properly filled.
4. Adjustable Humidity Control w/ Multiple Output Settings
|Aprilaire 600 Humidifier, Whole House, Bypass, 24V w/ Digital Control||Cool mist air|
BUY NOW ON AMAZON
|1. Built-In Bypass Damper
2. Automatic Digital Humidifier Control
3. Light indicators that for filter replacement.
4. Relative Humidity Indicators Test/Reset Button
|Holmes Smart Wifi-Enabled WeMo Whole Home Humidifier, HCM3888C||Cool mist air|
BUY NOW ON AMAZON
|1. humidifier with 100% air filtered
2. 2,500 evaporation area
3. 60 hours run time
4. Automatic digital controls humidistat
5. Water indicator when water is low
6. Filter reminder as when to change the filter
7. 3 Year Warranty
|Air-O-Swiss AOS 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier - Warm & Cool Mist||Micro-fine cool mist|
BUY NOW ON AMAZON
|1. Humidifies rooms of about 600 square feet
2. Surface touch operation and control
3. pre-set for 1-8 hours (continuous operation)
The Reviews of Our Best Selected Whole House Humidifier
We have the in-duct and console humidifier reviews here; it is left for you to determine what you want. Some of the units are cool and warm mist, so we advise you go through the complete reviews for best pick.
1. SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier
Enjoy the moisture back to back with a dual mist function using the ultrasonic unit? The ultrasonic machine is design to deliver both warm and cool moisture to save you cost of purchasing a separate unit. This humidifier runs well in humidifying home of about 500 square feet from its 4.0 liter tank. With quiet running mode, you will enjoy the SPT SU-4010 during your night sleep. If you want to reduce monthly energy bills consider having the SPT appropriate units as it consume less energy. You will also enjoy the overheating protection that ensures ever cooling of the machine as it runs for hours. Cleaning the ultrasonic mist humidifier is quite easy and stress free. Additional information provided below
- It provides both warm and cool mist.
- It comes with ION exchange filter.
- Overheat protection.
- 4L water tank capacity.
- Quiet operation.
- Energy efficient.
- Ideal for home area of 500 square feet.
- 360 degree split nozzle release moisture in all directions.
- One year limited products warranty.
- Delivers both warm and cool mist.
- Split nozzle ensures 360 degree moisture coverage.
- Top tank opening offer easy refilling
- Filling the tank with water is fairly easy.
- Cleaning brush included in the package.
- Some users complain of water leaking from the tank but that shouldn’t be an issue as it’s not liken to the rest of its kind.
- It does takes some time to cool changing from the warm mist to the cool mist operation if you are on the later
For those looking a machine that can deliver both cool and warm mist, the SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist is a good consideration. It works effectively and reliable to make your home cool or warm when you needed it most.
2. Honeywell Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
Those having a low budget and still want to enjoy the benefits of cool mist humidifier in their home, here is Honeywell cool moisture humidifier for you. It is cheap and affordable for an average income earner compare to other competitive brands. Even though it is not an expensive humidifier for homes, doesn’t mean its low performing unit. It comes with good features needed for its operation that can be seen in high pricing humidifier. The Honeywell is a console unit that comes with rolling wheels. This means you can move it from a location to another, making it ideal for different room usage. The console Honeywell for whole house comes with wide top opening tanks for quick water refilling and this allow for easy cleaning of the machine.
- It can run up to 24 hours per filling.
- Feature automatic shut-off functioning.
- Humidity level can be adjusted.
- Multi room use system.
- It is equipped with dual tank with top opening.
- Less energy consumption.
- Silent running mode
- Large tank opening offer easy cleaning.
- It does not create noise.
This machine only provides cool mist. If you’re in need of a warm mist consider the SPTU above.
In buying a humidifier, a product that is easy to clean and maintain is worth having as this saves you time and cost of running it. These are some of the benefit to experience from the cool mist products from the Honeywell brand.
3. Rowenta HU5120 Intense Aqua Control Ultrasonic 360 Humidifier with Unique Baby Mode
The Rowenta HU5120 is another ultrasonic cool and warm mist humidifier discussed here. It comes with good pricing and works effectively in moisture delivering from Amazon user’s information gathered. Parents with newborn can find this humidifier worthy since it deliver dual mist. The cool mist and warm mist is a great advantage to look at unless you want to invest two separate units. The warm mist mode accelerates up humidity level by 20% and ensures bacteria-free steam. The recommended baby mode whole house humidification system comes with 3 level humidity settings. You can switch from the auto mode to the unique baby mode or the night mode to meet personal needs. With a 360 nozzle, you will enjoy humidity in all direction while running for up to 7 hours delivering mist from a 2 gallon tank daily. No more worry about excess humidity taking over your home, the Rowenta has a hygrometer that auto detect humidity home output and adjust it accordingly.
- Both cool and warm mist home humidifier.
- Three mode humidity settings (auto, baby mode and night mode)
- An electronic hygrometer automatically adjusts indoor humidity.
- Back up with a two year manufacturer warranty.
- Runs quietly.
- No condensation or dripping.
- Antimicrobial warm mist mode.
- Optional turn on/off the LCD display light.
- It comes with a small stank that accommodate less amount of water.
- Absence of antimicrobial properties in the cool mist mode.
4. Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier
Out of the box is the Vicks ultraviolet 99.999% germ free humidifier with class and attractive design. The sparkling unit comes with twin independent fill-able water container which means you can refill it without shutting down the humidifier.
The germ free can run for 2 hours daily on each refill. The Patented ultraviolet chamber boiling action ensures that the water is sterilized to kill all bacteria and germs that want to find their way into your home.
- 2 hours run time.
- Patented Ultraviolet Chamber.
- Sterilization of water that kills bacteria, mold and spores up to 99.9%.
- Adjustable humidity control with multiple output settings.
- You can refill the tank without shut off of your unit.
- Ultraviolet light that kills germs.
- Covers up to 400 square feet.
- Cleaning is very easy.
The LED is a bit bright which you might not like but you can use piece of tape to cover it.
5. Aprilaire 600 Humidifier, Whole House, Bypass, 24V w/ Digital Control
This is one of the best induct whole house humidifier you will find on the market. The digital system is designed for use in home measuring up to 4,000 square feet. You will love the Aprilaire humidifier working mode as it runs quietly so you won’t have to worry about noise creation. The bypass unit has a water panel light indicator that tells you when the filter is dirty or due for replacement. However, if you decide to buy this humidifier, have it in mind of changing the water panel once every year depending on how you use the humidifier. This product comes with 5 year Aprilaire warranty. In order to enjoy the warranty on this item, the unit must be installed professionally by a licensed HVAC professional.
- Built-In Bypass Damper.
- Automatic Digital Humidifier Control.
- Light indicators that for filter replacement.
- Relative Humidity Indicators Test/Reset Button.
- Automatic outdoor temperature sensor which automatically regulate humidity level to meet indoor level comfort.
- No stagnant water where mold can grow in.
- Low maintenance cost as there no fans or extraneous parts. The only moving part is the valve that turns on and off the water.
- It should be installed by a licensed HVAC professional if you want to enjoy the 5 year warranty product back.
- Replacing of water panel once every year.
6. Holmes Smart Wifi-Enabled WeMo Whole Home Humidifier, HCM3888C
If you want it smarter in operation and getting alerted when there is shortage of water and a reminder to changing of filter, what you need is the Holmes Smart.
With this house humidifier your home will receive optimal humidity coverage area to ease effect of dry air so you can breathe better, relief you from dry skin, dry hair and congestion etc. The unit comes with automatic digital control humidistat running up to 60 hours non-stop with five comfort level settings while distributing 6.75 gallon water daily. For peace of mind, this air dispenser is back up with 3 year warranty.
- 2,500 evaporation area.
- 60 hours run time.
- Automatic digital controls humidistat.
- Water indicator when water is low.
- Filter reminder as when to change the filter.
- 3 Year Warranty.
- Nice built.
- Runs quietly on low settings.
- Schedules ability.
- Low water level alert.
- Filter changing notification.
- Limited humidity level settings (45% – 60%).
- No automatic fan settings based on humidity.
When you buy this holmes cool mist, you will enjoy smooth humidifier operation. For instance get notify when tank is empty and filter replacement notification. The auto digital controls and the 3 year warranty is worth considering. You can find more details through the link provided below.
7. Air-O-Swiss AOS 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier – Warm and Cool Mist
This unit utilizes high frequency force to create tiny-fine mist into your home atmosphere. With this Air-O-Swiss humidifier you can select the pre-heating and cool mist setting according to your home needs. The AOS features Intelligent Temperature Compensation (ITC) technology that helps regulate temperature level and auto adjusts output when the conditions vary. The unit is also equipped with de-mineralized replaceable cartridge that prevents mineral residue and a Hydro Cell that ensures that the humidifier remains clean for a longer time.
- Humidifies rooms of 600 square feet.
- Surface touch operation and control.
AIR-O-SWISS ITC technology (Intelligent Temperature Compensation) automatically regulates the output to create the most comfortable relative humidity adjusted to the temperature in your room.
What to Consider In Choosing the Right Humidifier for A Whole House
All of the humidifier reviews above are efficient and reliable. We don’t rate any one better off. It all depends on your needs as everyone has specific features to be in their machine.
Remember we have the cool mist and the warm mist humidifier here. So be specific and be sure to know the mist type you want. There are also numerous extras that come with different brand of humidifiers. Some have automatic humidistat that helps to determine the home humidity level and regulate it so that your space doesn’t get too humid.
Other important features to look for before buying your humidifier includes the price, coverage area (how wide is the area you want to add moisture).
Also remember that adding humidity to your entire home especially during winter will make you stay healthy from the problems that may be cause by it. Those experiencing short sleeps at night, humidifying your room will improve your sleeping ability. Couples with snoring issues can also add extra moist air to their home to ease the situation because dry air contributes to it.
Final word, adding moisture content into our home using a humidifier is the solution to remedy dryness in the home.