If you are thinking of buying a modern wood burning fireplace, you are right in time. Reviews of some best burning wood fireplace are discussed below for your access. The electrics or gas fireplace are also good but some people do prefer the wooden ones.
Whether you have a fireplace insert, open hearth, pellet stove or wood stove etc. none of this can produce the warmth a wood fireplace can. Because as you watch the cold winter enter into your house, the fire from those aforementioned items disappears gradually this can’t happen in a fire wood place device.
When you decide to buy a wood fireplace, choose the right size – there are the small and larger ones. Your home side should be put into consideration so as to get a unit that fit-in. Even though the smaller ones can’t contain much wood but can work efficiently in the right space specification.
Top 5 Best Modern wood burning fireplace Reviews
Heating your home is beneficial during the cold months and getting heating device such as the wood burning fireplace is desirable. However going through the reviews below can fetch you the best wood fireplace.
1. Real Flame Chateau Ventless Gel Fireplace Review
Getting your space installed with the Gel fireplace could afford you indoor warmth this winter. The Chateau wood Fireplace comes in clean and classic design that can fit into either classic or contemporary home décor while getting the real flame. This item is actually available in various colors for those who prefer to make a selection. More details
- It is constructed from durable materials – this includes solid wood and Veneered MDF.
- This item is equipped with powered coated steel that prevents it from rusting.
- Should only be use with real flame gel fuel 13 oz which is not included.
- It required assembling of some parts such as the firebox, Mantel, screen kit, hand painted concrete log before usage.
- Have a 40.9 widths and 67.6 ibs weight.
- The real flame gel fuel releases up-to 9,000 BTU of warmth in every 1 hour lasting for about three hours.
This is a good quality of piece of furniture which can also use as basement wood fireplace to generate heats as this area also get cold.
2. Pleasant Hearth 2,200 Square Feet Review
For those living a space area of up to 2,200 square feet, this wood burning stove from the Pleasant Hearth brand is a unit to consider if you think of heating such space. If you also desiring a firewood place that can last you over the night, look no further because the large area wood heating system burns up to eight to ten hours. With its blower system ensures your fire doesn’t go off while assisting by blowing the fireplace to keep it burning. However there is need for you to get a break down of this item for familiarization.
- This wood burner fireplace is ideal for a large home settlement.
- It is also a free-standing wood burning fireplace (i.e. a fireplace with legs)
- This fireplace comes with a variable blower system to keep the fire burning.
- This is a non catalytic wood burning device.
- It comes with a sliding draft control which is above the door.
- Brick lined firebox.
- EPA certified.
- Air wash system
- It can hold log of 20 inch capacity.
- A ceramic glass window finishing unit.
- You can connect it to a 6 inch chimney.
There are a lots of high capacity wood burning stove on the market but you can only know the one to purchase by reading the review of each. The pleasant fireplace wood burner in addition comes with front wood free loading viewing cast iron door, a chrome spring handles which makes loading easier. Its five year back up warranty is also worth taking advantage of. You can buy this item through the link below.
3. Pleasant Hearth WS-2417 1200 sq. ft. Review
Not all wood burning heating system are ideal for large room, there are also some units that are designed for small home area just like this WS-2417 model from the Hearth brand. The heat providing stove is ideal for 1,200 square feet, so if your space is larger, this shouldn’t be a consideration as it may not be efficient heating up such space. The perfect choice for single household heat burning place also use a blower with the WS-2417 but this is sold separately. Further information is hereafter for consumption.
- It is designed to heat 1,200 sq. ft. coverage space.
- Front loading wood system.
- It has a front door made from cast iron with chrome handles.
- It comes with a ceramic viewable glass area.
- This unit comes with standing legs.
- 81% Efficiency
- Brick lined firebox.
- Five year products warranty for peace of mind.
- EPA Certified.
For easy beginner use, when you buy this wood fireplace, it will be shipped along aside with a DVD instructional guide to assist its operation. However, this model of Pleasant fireplace uses a blower which is sold separately. If you need a unit that comes with blower included, then consider the Pleasant Hearth model above.
4. Vogelzang TR001 Defender EPA Wood Stove Review
During the winter, when the air tends to be colder, you can rely a power horse heating system to provide your home the warmth. A wood stove burner of the Vogelzang Defender won’t disappoint you. As many competitors units are available in the market, the TR001 Defender has its own distinctive feature that makes it an outstanding unit to getting indoor space heated. If you’re living off the grid in a home of up to 1,200 square feet, this TR001 Vogelzang Company is one ideal wood fireplace that can efficiently perform well. This unit also comes with a blower that helps to circulate the warmth in your house evenly reaching all spots. Below are dedicated specifications of this modern wood fireplace that complements indoor decoration.
- It comes with an adjustable legs should in case you like to reduce or increase the height of the wood burning stove.
- It is designed for small home area of about 1,200 sq. ft.
- This wood burner has 68,000 BTUs heating capacity.
- Front door with stylish handle.
- Ceramic glass window.
- Takes up to 17 inch log of wood.
- Optional warmth blower of 100 CFM.
- 16-Inch reinforced plate steel with firebrick lining
- EPA certified.
- Dimensions: 23.5 width x 21D x 28 height.
- Made from cast iron component.
I like this stove because it is easy to use. Even though the firebox is small but works impressively in providing surprising heats. This stove is also easy to install with just few steps you are done and ready to get your space heated.
5. Hi-Flame FF-905 Shetland Wood Stove, Black Review
The listing of the various wood fireplaces is for you to decide what’s good for you. From the list of items discussed so far, the Hi-Flame FF-905 is the smallest unit but doesn’t mean is not a work horse. Whether you live in a more tight apartment, that doesn’t stops you not to add warmth to your home during the winter even if you are thinking of space. The Shetland Wood Stove is practically designed for area of 800 sq. feet. With no much hassle, this unit is convenient to use in supplying tertiary heated air.
- Small size cast iron wood fire stove.
- The cast iron heat stove as an 800 square ft. coverage area.
- Clean burn pre-heated tertiary air; rear flue or top outlet.
- 21,000 BTU heating capacity per hour.
- Maximum log of wood to put into this unit each loading is 12 inch: 6 inch flue.
If you live in bigger space home, this fireplace heater may not be the right unit. However, the FF-905 is effective in getting indoor heated. You can find some users’ reviews through the link provided below to support yourself.
Types of Wood Fireplaces
Basically, there are two types of wood fireplaces. The EPA Certified wood fireplace and the masonry wood fireplace. Which one should you buy? The 2 kinds could be the best to some individual but here is tip of what makes up the two different wood burning fireplaces.
The EPA Certified wood fireplace: This type is usually built in home with surrounding brick or stones. You can installed this constructing a hearth foundation or using a mantel. It has a firebox and a venting system where the heat escapes from into your indoor surrounding. This wood fireplace type comes with advanced designed including a combustion technology making it to be one of the best wood burning fireplaces on the market. Some of its kind can emit heat up to sixteen hours on just a single loading with good wood while releasing less pollutants quantity into the environs. Since they burn the wood entirely, there is a minimal ash to clean. For the most efficient burning, their com-busting system which is the do should be closed tightly during operation.
Masonry built wood fireplace – These are constructed inside the home which is later cover with a fire insert. This fireplace type is usually in efficient. They are designed with opened combustion system, providing up-to 300 cubic ft. warmth air outside your home as they burn every minute while releasing pollutants into the atmosphere. However, the good news, you can improve the masonry-built in fireplace using a fireplace insert.