Among various machines we used in our home, dehumidifier use is one of them. Not everybody knows how to use a dehumidifier correctly. Operating a dehumidifier is not as difficult the way you might have pictured it. With just few steps you can install and start using the machine to draw out moisture from your home. Some of the things dehumidifier can do for you are:
- Extract excess moisture from the air
- Eliminate mold, dry clothes etc. However this articles will teach you exactly what to do in getting your dehumidifier working.
In the mean time, you can learn when do you use a dehumidifier
Follow Our Content Guidelines
- Here are the guides on how to use a dehumidifier:
- 1. Read the owner’s manual
- 2. Use a hygrometer to measure your room humidity level
- 3. Plug the dehumidifier into a grounded outlet
- 4. Turn on and adjust the dehumidifier settings
- 5. Leave it to run through several cycles
- 6. Close doors and windows to the room
- Share this:
Here are the guides on how to use a dehumidifier:
1. Read the owner’s manual
First and foremost, start with the user’s manual. Read every line written on it about the machine for you to be familiar with the operational instruction. You can keep the manual in a specific location where you can easily make reference to it.
2. Use a hygrometer to measure your room humidity level
With a hygrometer you can determine the amount of humidity present in the air. The recommended relative humidity level should be between 45 to 50%. When humidity falls below 30% can lead to damage of your housing structure such as separated wood floors, having cracked ceilings and others similar issues.
3. Plug the dehumidifier into a grounded outlet
The next step is to plug the dehumidifier into a polarized and 3-pronged grounded outlet. If you do not have a proper plug, you can hire an electrical expert to help you install a grounded outlet. However never use an extension cord with the machine.
- Whenever unplugging it, do not pull the cord at the plug. Also never pull the cord to remove it.
- Do not let the dehumidifier cord to become pinched or bent.
4. Turn on and adjust the dehumidifier settings
Turning on and adjusting your dehumidifier settings depends on the dehumidifier model you have. All the same you can measure the hygrometer readings, adjust relative humidity level and so on. Keep on running the dehumidifier until desired RH level is reached.
5. Leave it to run through several cycles
Using the dehumidifier for the first time will be the most productive time. You will be eliminating most of the excess water in your home air over some hours, days or maybe for weeks. After running it for the first time, you may continue to maintaining a normal humidity level instead of bringing it down drastically.
- You will be able to set the amount of humidity that you desire on your dehumidifier when you plug it in.
6. Close doors and windows to the room
If you live in larger space room, the harder your machine will work. When you close your doors and windows the dehumidifier will only work to remove water from the room.
If you need to dehumidify your bathroom, try placing the dehumidifier in areas there is high concentration. Close your toilet lids to prevent the dehumidifier drawing water out of the toilet.
7. Empty the water reservoir tray frequently
Dehumidifiers can create plenty of moisture depending on humidity (RH) level of your room where it operates. If you will not be using your hose to drain the water into your sink then you have to be emptying the reservoir regularly. If your unit has an automatic turn off feature it will turn-off each time the water trays if filled so that there won’t be over flow of water.
- Remove the plug from the power outlet before pouring out the water.
- Keep an eye on the water reservoir every hours especially when the room is very humid.
- Check you products manufacturer guide to find the required frequency for dumping the tray.
Using a dehumidifier is as simple as ABC. This dehumidifier use guide has help a lots people to installed and run their dehumidifier smoothly by just following the necessary steps. You too can also do the same so that you can start using your machine to drain out water from your home