How to Clean a Dehumidifier? – 6 Step Tutorial
How to clean a dehumidifier is not as difficult as you may think it to be. With few things require and steps, you can get your dehumidifier properly cleaned up. Remember for your dehumidifier to have longer longevity, maintenance is one of the key to achieving it. So this article on how to clean dehumidifier will simply teach you how to carry your dehumidifier cleaning duties routine.
How to clean a dehumidifier step guide?
1. Read through the manual instruction
Start by reading through the users’ manual. Ensure to go through the entire booklets to be familiar with every aspect of the machine specific instructions. Place the user’s guide in a location where you can possibly see and read as you work easily.
2. Turn off and unplug your dehumidifier
After being familiar with machine instructions, next is to turn off and remove the dehumidifier from the electrical plug. This will prevents you from electric shock as you clean the dehumidifier.
3. Clean the water collection reservoir
Detached the water tank from the system and wash it with mild dish washing liquid and warm water. Rinse it properly and allow drying thoroughly using a clean cloth.
- The water reservoir should be clean twice every week. If in the course of cleaning the reservoir you perceive any smell, add an odor reducing tablets in the reservoir. You can purchase these tablets at your local home stores and then simply drop it into water tank to dissolve by it as the reservoir gets filled up.
4. Check the machine’s coils every season
Dust accumulation in the machine coil can disrupt the efficiency of the dehumidifier, thus making it to over work and less performing. This dust can potentially freeze in the machine, causing damages to the dehumidifier.
- Every two to three months, clean the dehumidifier coil to remove dust. Use a clean cloth material to do wipe away the dust.
- It is possible for ice to build up in the coil, so ensure your machine is not resting directly on the floor. This is because the ground temperature is always cool. You can rest it on a chair or shelf.
5. Check air filters every six months
Within this period as stated, remove the dehumidifier air filter and check for any damage. Check for tear, holes and other punch that can affect its performance. Depending on the air filter use, you might be able to clean and insert it back to the dehumidifier. Some needs to be replaced.
6. Check your manufacturer’s instructions for specific details about your machine.
The filter is usually located around the grill area. To remove it, open the front panel and bring the filter out.
Some manufacturers recommend the air filter to be check more frequents depending on how often you use the dehumidifier. So consider checking the manufacturer instructions regarding your owe model.
In conclusion, after cleaning your dehumidifier, wait for about 15 minutes before turning on the dehumidifier.
Categorised in: Dehumifier Guide